Monday, March 19, 2012

Why Can't Every Game Be Against the Red Wings?

I don't really understand this team. And you know what? That's okay. I honestly would not have it any other way.
  • Joel Ward and Dmitry Orlov were the scratches. Weep about Dima getting scratched, rejoice about Ward getting scratched. It's a tough cycle.
  • BUT Dima kinda did deserve to be scratched after his last couple of games. It's been rough. Settle down hon.
  • ALEXANDER OVECHKIN. I don't think I can put into words how much he does for this team. He's really stepping up and being the leader we know he can be. Scoring those goals. I didn't even see how the second one went in. Ovi will put this team on his back. Sometimes I would rather that he didn't have to. But it's nice to see that he can and will play his heart out for this team. Especially when people are breathing down his neck and telling him he can't.
  • Papa Knuble's goal though. I love seeing him succeed. I won't question any of Hunter's coaching decisions because honestly I would never want his job, but it's so nice to see Knuble take every chance he can get to prove why he shouldn't be scratched. Wish he wouldn't take penalties with two minutes left and gives us all heart attacks though.
  • Look at Aucion too. He's taking every single chance he can get and trying to show why he should stay in the NHL. He may be small but he is feisty!
  • Congrats to that airhead Semin on his 400th point tonight!!
  • Holtby looked pretty good tonight too. A little shaky, especially in the third, but as many reporters have been saying, he was cramping up towards the end of the game. So I'm sure that had to do something with it. I'm glad he got the win and hopefully he can help us while Vokoun is recovering from his injury-thing.
  • The third was boring. Plain and simple. I wish the Caps would've attacked more but instead they sat on their heels. They can't feel very confident about that, but they won. Which is the most important thing.
Can we please beat the Flyers Thursday? That would be awesome.

Oh, and I'm going to practice Wednesday! I'll try to take some good pictures to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment