Thursday, March 29, 2012

Caps/Bruins Recap

Oh hey guys, you get me again today because the Bruins are Kate's other team, so I'm taking this one off her hands.


  • Being a Caps fan is such a burden sometimes. Starting out with total elation, followed by total despair, ending with total elation. Although it could have ended in total despair then you'd all be off attempting to commit suicide. Trust me, I totally get it.
  • But no, we pulled out the 2 points in this one thank god. 
  • Wideman scores a beauty, courtesy of a great pass by Marcus. God bless that goal I can't even fathom how loud I screamed. That goal meant EVERYTHING after the scoreless first two periods.
  • Two on one, Ovie and Marcus. YES, A TWO GOAL LEAD, THIS IS GOOD.
  • Oh look, the hockey gods hate us, and ridiculous deflection and the Bruins are on the board. Of course this is the Bruins we're talking about, so everyone feels a sense of impending doom.
  • For good reason. Another rediciulous deflection and its all tied up. Overtime.
  • Scary overtime. Ovie should have scored, and didn't. Neuvy makes the save of the game, and we're off to the shootout.
  • The Bruins were scary in the shootout. 8-2. TALK ABOUT NERVE-WRACKING. Krejci misses, god bless, Hendy goes next, everyone shits their pants and loses their mind over how fucking amazing he is. You know, the usual.
  • More stuff, Ovie and Semin miss, Seguin is a bastard, you know.
  • Here comes Brooks Laich, flawless player who swoops in and saves the day! Caps win 3-2!
  • Literally in the middle of the third period, my brother, dad and I were talking about how Brooks Laich is the root of our team, and I brought up that time he was almost injured. Scary time for us. Seems fitting he'd be the one to save all of us from the absolute despair and oblivion.
Montreal on saturday. There's a chance I'll be at the game, so we'll see. For now, gotta keep looking forward. Four more games to decide our fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment