Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Caps/Isles Recap 3/13

What. A. Game. Afterwards I sat here wondering how that even happened. Did this team really rally down from 4-1 to win it in OT? DID MATT HENDRICKS REALLY DO THAT?? What a great day to be surprised because things were looking bleak.

My thoughts:
  • I don't even know what the refs were doing the whole entire night. Wideman gets crosschecked which causes his stick to break, no call. Knuble highsticked which caused him to bleed and the refs didn't see it. Not to mention a lot of the calls that gave the Isles powerplays were weak. It's infuriating because the Isles scored in two of their powerplays. Not to mention that our powerplay is FINALLY starting to heat up a little. But I couldn't be sure seeing as we haven't had a powerplay in YEARS.
  • I'm tired of all the good bounces going AGAINST us. Who needs good luck? Not us!!!!
  • Enough of the sad stuff. Can we please talk about Alexander Ovechkin. When this team needed its captain to pull through, he did. He had a hell of a second and third period. Crash that net Ovi.
  • SCORLOV SCORLOV SCORLOV SCORLOV SCORLOV. I love it. He said he wanted to score more, so he does. Bless his soul. (We'll forgive him for the little shootout mishap. It's his first try I'm sure he was nervous. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED HE IS GOOD IN SHOOTOUTS)
  • Neuvirth was stellar. Kept us in the game in the third and during overtime. I'm happy that he's not injured lord.
  • Aucion had such a great night. Using that super long stick (giggle) for good results. 
Great effort. Great win. Let's just not get down 4-1 Friday night to the Jets okay?

Whatever Dale Hunter is selling, the Caps are buying. I love it.

PS: you all should buy me a beer because I took one for the team. Every time I would watch the game the Isles would score. when I turned it off, we would score. I missed Dima score because I was in the bathroom. For some reason my bladder is magical so I stayed in the bathroom for the whole shootout and we won. You are all welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment