Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Caps Thoughts 4/18

First and foremost I want to apologize for not writing more. Roxy has taken the reigns of the blog for now, and probably for the rest of the series because well... I have a conflict of interests. I'm secretly a Bruins fan too. I know I know. Boo and hiss now. I have gotten enough of it already. I'll post about that later. 

Right now I want to talk about other things. 

The Washington Capitals, a seventh seed, are hanging with the Boston Bruins, the second seed. Each game is being won by inches and by which team makes the most mistakes. Game one, Wideman pinches down and can't recover and tips Chris Kelly's shot in overtime. Game two, the two Bruins defenders run into each other, Marcus Johansson grabs the puck, slings it to Backstrom and he puts it past Tim Thomas. Game three, the refs missed an offsides call and Harmlik tips Chara's shot past Holtby with two minutes left in the game. 

What I'm trying to say is that the Caps are very much alive in this series. The game Thursday is pretty much a must win and will be even harder because Backstrom has been suspended. But it's doable. The Caps did it three times in the regular season.

I just don't want fans to feel like this season is a complete bust if the Caps are knocked out of the first round (knock on wood). I am so completely proud of this team just for the way they are fighting with the Bruins. I had no idea what to expect in Game one. The game I saw excited me. They didn't win, but they were fighting. They were not going to let the Bruins run all over them like some people expected. There is literally no where but up with this team. They are finally responding to Hunter's system and realizing that it works in the playoffs. Our scorers are scoring. Ovechkin is smashing everything within reach. The Caps could win this series.

But what if they don't? Well then I think we have the start of something awesome. Their window isn't closing. All of their star players are young still. Hopefully we resign Semin. Semin under Hunter's system is money. 

I still say the Caps should win this series though. Thinking into the future is too much work.

Let's go Caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment